The Middle Georgia Regional Airport advertises job opportunities on the American Association of Airport Executives (AAAE) Career Center, Indeed, and this website. If you discover any job postings, on sites other than the aforementioned, understand that we have no affiliation with those companies and do not consent to their postings. We also do not require/accept any online applications (other than AAAE) and never charge any application fees.
To apply for airport positions, please send all Resumes for open positions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for TSA, please visit: USAjobs.gov
To apply with Contour, please visit: contourairlines.com
Current Airport Opportunities
Office Assistant Position
Job Vacancy Announcement: Office Assistant
Location: TBI Airport Management Middle Georgia Regional Airport, Macon, GA
Salary: $15 an hour
Position: Full-Time Non-Exempt Position
Schedule: Monday – Friday 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
To Apply Email Resume To: email@example.com
- Responsible for the preparation and maintenance of various Airport records. He/she aids and supports the Co-Airport Manager in such areas as accounting, statistics, human resources, and general administration.
- Greets and directs all visitors, vendors, clients, job candidates and customers. Handles incoming calls and performs general administrative duties. Ensures completion of paperwork (i.e., job applications, SIDA paperwork), sign-in and security procedures. Receives, opens, records and sorts incoming and inter-company mail for distribution; Collects and prepares outgoing letters, packages (Fed Ex & UPS) and express mail. Manages company’s lobby area.
- Receives and directs telephone and public inquiries to appropriate manager/client/tenant.
- Coordinates and arranges meetings and travel arrangements for TBIAM management and staff.
- Maintains Conference Room schedule and arranges for food and beverage if necessary. Completes & distributes weekly list of Conference Room Reservations. Completes a monthly Terminal Conference Room log and emails to the Accounts Receivable Clerk for billing purposes.
- Issues and manages Employee Parking Pass program. Completes a quarterly Employee Parking Pass spreadsheet and emails to the Accounts Receivable Clerk for billing purposes.
- Assists staff in routine office procedures (copy machine jobs, faxes, printers, etc.).
- Maintains Accident/Incident reporting filed for Operations, emails to Co-Airport Manager.
- Issues Tenant Advisories from Airport Management.
- Coordinates Fingerprinting and Badging appointments with Operations.
- Maintain financial records of fingerprinting funds and signatory files. Assists Operations with quarterly audits of signatory files.
- Accepts returned SIDA Badges and issues receipts.
- When required, mails out all applicable Certified Mail to airport tenants.
- Creates files for Certificate of Insurance for airport tenants.
- Manage social media accounts and respond to social media comments & inquiries.
- Maintain holiday notification and contact list for all company holidays and create notices to display on office doors.
- Update MCN Telephone Listing as needed and forward to Airport personnel.
- Records minutes and prepares agendas for various meetings when required.
- Complete and email Weather Reports during weather events.
- Orders all office supplies.
- Submits meter readings/tickets for servicing all airport copy machines/printers monthly.
- Performs other assignments and tasks as required and directed by the Manager, Finance and Administration.
- Receives all resumes and applications and maintain files for reference.
- Unlock/Locks-up MCN Administration offices at the open/close of the business day.
- Graduation from a four-year high school, or equivalent.
- Two-years’ experience in reception/office work
- Required to operate computer, must be knowledgeable in Word and Excel programs.
- Type and knowledge of office machines such as copiers and facsimile machines.
- Understanding of the inter-relationship of the work to that of other departments.
- Capable of fulfilling all responsibilities without direct supervision.
- Accomplish work in the face of short deadlines and operational pressures.
Physical & Medical Requirements:
- Ability to physically perform the duties and to work in the environmental conditions required of a position in this class.
Airport Grounds Maintenance Worker
Performs general maintenance duties including mowing and edging airfield, maintaining, repairing buildings, fixtures, furniture, grounds, fences, gates, and hangars which comprise the general Middle Georgia Regional Airport.
Assists in maintaining and securing the concrete and asphalt runways, taxiway and aprons, weed control, conducting general electrical and mechanical repairs. Minor carpentry, grading, and seeding, tree trimming, and waste removal Performs preventative maintenance on equipment.
Assists with the monitoring and control of movement of wildlife on the airport property. Scares and/or eliminates wildlife as necessary. Performs custodial work or general labor as required and assigned; picks up litter from premises; opens and closes, locks and unlocks facilities as needed. Assists in daily inspections of all airport safety, security, and operational areas and equipment including runway and taxiways, airfield lighting, parking aprons, hangars, terminal buildings, fuel storage areas and perimeter fences and gates for compliance with Federal, State and local airport rules and regulations. While performing the duties the employee regularly works outside.
High School Degree
1 year experience operating farm tractors
Airport Operations Coordinator Position
This is professional and technical work assisting in and coordinating activities in airside and landside operations. Work is performed under the direction of the Airport Operations Manager. Work is reviewed via reports, meetings of results achieved.
DUTIES: Inspects runways, taxiways, aprons, safety areas, terminal, perimeter, fence line and surrounding airport grounds for compliance with FAA and TSA Regulations. Assures airport is operating in a safe and secure manner within position's responsibilities. Affirms that repairs meet pre-set specifications. Monitors ground/tower frequencies and overall traffic. Assists in planning, directing and coordinating all non-routine airfield activity (i.e., opening and closing runways and taxiways; static displays; dignitary arrivals and departures; construction projects; escorts). Assists with coordination of simulated disaster drill and tabletop exercises, round table discussion follow-up and evaluation. Conducts Notice to Airmen (NOTAM) training and issues NOTAMS. Coordinates emergency response to minor incidents.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Knowledge of airport safety, security, emergency preparedness, planning and training. Knowledge of federal, and state laws involving airports. Knowledge of appropriate interaction with the National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB), Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), Transportation Security Administration (TSA) and Airports Flight Standards District Office (AFSDO). Ability to speak distinctly and communicate effectively with the public and other personnel. Ability to take quick and accurate action under all types of operating conditions. Ability to prepare reports and maintain records. Ability to prepare reports and maintain records. Conduct safety and/or training sessions relevant to employee’s safety and risk factors and accident prevention. Skill in the use of equipment, including personal computers and associated programs and applications, necessary for job performance.
MINIMUM TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
Possess a bachelor's degree in aviation management, business or public administration, or a related field and one year of experience in airport operations at a commercial service airport; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS: In accordance with 49 CFR Part 139, employees must successfully complete criminal history records check and personal background check prior to employment. Must possess a valid State driver’s license.